Friday, September 19, 2008

To YouTube or Not to YouTube

http://www.bl.uk/news/2008/pressrelease20080116.html

Over the summer I found this study which talks about libraries using new forms of social networking like YouTube and Facebook to reach patrons. According to the study patrons, especially students, don't want libraries on these. They feel libraries are encroaching on their space. I, however, think it's a great idea, but I don't want to make patrons feel like I'm invading their teritory. I've been doing some research on this and people can only agree that there's not enough research on the topic. So what do you guys think? Is it a good idea or should we as libraries invest in another technology? Also would anyone be interested in trying to do a study about this with me? I've got a lot of it worked out I just need more people to help. Let me know! It could be very interesting.

No comments: